The 2nd XV team played their last game of the season against St Olave’s Grammar School on Wednesday hoping to maintain their winning run and complete a successful season. That didn’t look like it was happening for the first 10 minutes of the game, with a determined St Olave’s team constantly attacking Eltham who struggled to get out of their own 22m. Determined defence led by Connor Fuller and Connor Malone thwarted the attacks. Eltham gradually forced their way into the game. A good forward drive and some slick passing by the backs saw James Eckel score in the corner for the first score of the game. The early pressure from the opposition inspired Eltham and another try for James Eckel and George Jackson made the score 19-0 at half time. Eltham now had the slight slope and their forward dominance and speed in the backs caused problems for Olave’s defence. The Eltham team continued to score tries with James Eckel completing his hat-trick, a second for George Jackson and late tries for Davies Francis and Connor Malone completed a convincing performance. St Olave’s who never gave up got a consolation try near the end to make the score 43 – 7.

The Under 15A team played John Fisher School in the NatWest National Plate Competition last Thursday. The Plate is for the schools which had lost in the first round. In our case we lost to Trinity School, Croydon. The boys produced their best performance of the season so far winning by 57 points to 19. All the tries were scored by backs with James Roberts scoring four, Charlie Watkins getting two and Juan Chanthrakumaran and James Lambton scoring one each. James also added 17 points with seven conversions and a penalty. This victory takes Eltham into the last 16 in the competition with the next round due in the middle of January.

The Under 12A finished off their season with a 9-5 loss to St Olave’s Grammar School. On an ice cold afternoon at Eltham College, Maxence Augier de Cremiers put on an outstanding defensive performance.

The Under 12B team finished the season with a hard fought draw against St Olave’s Grammar School on Friday afternoon. Eltham made a quick start and were rewarded with two tries for Lucas Fonseka Koon after strong runs. However, St Olave’s came back into the game and some missed tackles from Eltham proved costly. Although Hector Salter scored a third try the side were five tries to three down going into the last ten minutes. Captain Orin Vitalis dived over to pull one back and another superb run from Lucas levelled the score. Both sides had chances to win it but a fair result and a superb game to end the season.