Associate Musicians will gain membership of Eltham College’s Symphony Orchestra, which performs throughout the year at prestigious venues such as Blackheath Halls. Our orchestra performs full symphonic repertoire to a high standard, with weekly rehearsals at the school. Repertoire in 2022-23 has included Mendelssohn’s Hebrides Overture, Bizet’s l’Arlesienne Suite no. 2, and Fauré’s Requiem. The Orchestra also undertakes biennial tours within the UK and further afield, for example our tour to Scotland and the North of England in Summer 2022.
Our Associate Musicians will also be offered membership of at least one chamber ensemble, which will be tailored to their individual level and aspirations. This will involve weekly coaching from one of Eltham’s Heads of Section, or the Director of Music.
Further benefits of this scheme include:
- Invitations to take part in Eltham College solo events such as our Scholars’ Concerts and instrumental masterclasses;
- Access to video and audio recordings of solo performances, both live and studio, which can be used for applications to conservatoires or for competition entries;
- 1-1 mentoring from the Director of Music, focused on the individual pupil’s aspirations and continued musical development;
- 2 free tickets to all performances;
- Travel to/from Eltham College reimbursed.