We are pleased to announce that this term, Eltham College is fielding an impressive total of 13 teams in national debating competitions, showcasing the exceptional talent and dedication of our students across Years 9-13. Here’s a glimpse into what lies ahead for our debating teams:
- Oxford Schools – London South Heat (Weds 31 Jan)
Four of our teams will be showcasing their skills in this competition. We’ve had remarkable success in previous years, reaching the national finals in June 2020 and June 2021.
- Cambridge Schools – London South Heat (Sat 24 Feb)
Another four Eltham College teams will be taking part in this competition.
- International Competition for Young Debaters – London South Heat (Sat 2 Mar)
Three of our teams will be taking part in this competition.
- English-Speaking Union’s MACE Debating Competition
Our team reached the East London Final last Friday, marking our fourth appearance in the last five years. In 2021 and 2023, we proudly emerged as East London Champions and went on to compete in the National Finals.
- Frankly Speaking Debating Competition at the US Embassy
One of our teams made waves by reaching the Grand Final in February 2023, showcasing our students’ exceptional debating skills.
We wish you the best of luck on this exciting journey. We are very proud of our young debaters for their hard work, passion, and commitment to excellence.