It’s 50 years since the class of 1974 left Eltham and it would be great to have as many OEs as possible to meet up for this major milestone.
The main events of the day will be a guided tour around the school, followed by lunch in King George’s Hall and coffee in the old library.
To celebrate 100 years since Eric Liddell won Olympic gold, there will also be an optional ‘pilgrimage’ from the old school in Blackheath to Eltham College (2.9 miles / 1 hour) starting at 9:00 am and after departing the college, an optional visit to Eltham Palace and a local hostelry.
The current plan is:
- 9:00 Meet at Blackheath (optional)
- 9:20 Walk from Blackheath to Eltham College (optional)
- 10:30 Meet at Eltham College
- 11:00 Tour of Eltham College with the school archivist
- 12:30 Lunch in King George’s Hall followed by coffee in the Old Library
- 14:30 End of celebration and depart
- 14:30 Walk / drive to Eltham Palace and then proceed to the Rusty Bucket (optional)
We’re organising OE ’74 in close partnership with the school and so that we have an idea of numbers, please book your spot below, by choosing a Blackheath or College start. Feel free to bring a partner and/or guest.
This is a free event, but we encourage donations to the school’s bursary fund in lieu of payment.